Welcome to Hazel Crest School District 152½ ‘s Department of Business Services web page. The Business Services Department provides support to all aspects of the district’s daily operations. From the time students head to school and staff enter the facilities until they go home at the end of the day, our duty is to maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning while preserving fiscal resources.
The essential functions of the Business Services Department are:
One of our primary goals is for the preservation of the district’s financial health. The Business Service Department is dedicated to supporting this goal by identifying and implementing processes to sustain fiscal stability and increase efficiency. Sustaining the financial health of the District requires we continue to monitor for opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity. I am confident that by sustaining restructured processes, emphasizing internal controls, and re-evaluating current agreements we will support this goal.
- Oversee the district’s budget to preserve financially solidity and proactively identify potential solvency issues;
- Manage Food Services to ensue students are receiving nutritious meals that meet national standard guidelines;
- Coordinate Crossing Guards and Transportation Services that are professional, courteous, and reliable;
- Administer Payroll and Accounts Payable payments for services rendered by employees and vendors;
- Oversee Building & Grounds services to maintain safe and clean facilities; and
- Oversee Security services to maintain a safe and secure learning and working environment.
- Oversee and coordinate recruiting and hiring of highly qualified staff;
We look forward to supporting the needs of the district for the new school year!
Dr. Nicole Terrell-Smith
Assistant Superintendent of Schools